Add web pages to Zotero doesn't work

I used to add web pages to Zotero using the Chrome extension. However, it doesn't work today. Then, I tried to manually add items but I cannot find the "web page" item in Zotero Standalone.

Need help. Thank you all.
  • What happens if you try to add a webpage from Chrome?
  • Actually, I found it doesn't work for some web pages but works for the other some.

What I tried was to right click on some web pages and choose "Save to Zotero (Web Page)". Nothing happened and no web pages were added to Zotero.

Also, for those web pages, the "Save to Zotero" button on the top of Chrome (extension tabs next to the address bar) is in gray, which means invalid.

Is there any restriction that a web page can be added?
  • no, they just don't save with a translator.
    if you paste
    chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/preferences/preferences.html

into the Chrome bar and hit enter, what does it say under Zotero Standalone?
  • Zotero Standalone
    Zotero Standalone is currently available.
    Update Status

-----------------
    Save via Server
    Zotero Connector must be authorized in order to save items to zotero.org when Zotero Standalone is not open.
    Authorize

-----------------
    Report Errors
    Zotero Connector has experienced the following errors since it was first started:

[JavaScript Error: "Failed to read the 'cookie' property from 'Document': Access is denied for this document." {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/inject.js" line: 85}]

[JavaScript Error: "Failed to read the 'cookie' property from 'Document': Access is denied for this document." {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/inject.js" line: 85}]

Report Errors
  • do you have restrictive privacy settings on Chrome? Try relaxing those, at least for testing. Also try disabling other add-ons.
    @adomasven any ideas here?
  • edited May 14, 2017
    I just tried what you said but nothing improved. Thanks
  • A Report ID would be good for starters.
  • My Report ID is 731604294. Thank you!
  • Does this happen on any specific web pages, or is it every page? If only specific pages, can we see some URLs?
  • edited August 16, 2017
    only specific pages
  • edited July 11, 2017
    I just want to add that I experience exactly the same behaviour, e. g. on this page: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379665,00.asp