Unable to see "Open in [Shared Folder]" in Word citation editor

Hi all,

I'm unable to see "Open in [Shared Folder]" in Word citation editor, and the document and the Shared Folder do not appear to be talking to one another. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Most likely you have removed the cited item from your library and Zotero is using the version stored in the doc. A way to confirm this is to insert a new citation and see if you still get the option to open it in your library after restarting Word and Zotero.
  • Not quite it. I have the option of to "Open in [Shared folder]" once I insert a new citation, even the same citations that are listed in the document, but I never get the option to "Open in [Shared folder]" with the citations that are in this document.

Perhaps I should add that I am not the document author, though I am privy to the shared folder from which these citations were created.
  • Right, that actually confirms what adomasven is saying.
    The same thing could also happen if the authors inserted the citations from their personal library, not from the group.
  • I see. In that case, I will need to manually replace all of the references in order to be able to edit them in Zotero standalone and see my changes reflected in the word.doc? Thanks!