[5.0 Beta] Download "as needed" not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 5.0 Beta.
  • Hi,
    I use 4 libraries and I did my library "as need" for the downloading of the attachment. But when I click on the attachment, it does not download it. Report ID 599921577
  • The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    Does the file you're trying to open have an empty circle in the attachments column, or a filled circle? If a filled circle, do you have the file open in another program?
  • Firstly It has empty circle, then I click after a while it become filled circle but I got an error that the file cannot be open.
    I went back to Zotero 4 because I need some files. Because I cannot get files via Zotero 5 Beta
  • I can only reproduce this if I double-click on a missing file twice, triggering the download twice — and it looks like that can end up with an empty file that then wouldn't open. Is this happening for all files or a specific one? If a specific one, right-click on the attachment and choose Show File, and then see if the associated file is 0 bytes. Delete it, and then try double-clicking it again from the interface.

(The progress meter for individual file downloads isn't working in the current beta, so it's a little easier to do open files twice accidentally. I'm fixing that for the next beta, and I'll fix the underlying problem with simultaneous downloads.)
  • Hi,
    Thank you very much.
    It is not for a specific file; for all files.
    I uninstall Zotero 5 and go back to Zotero 4 because now I need the files no wasting time.
    Thank you.