Retrieving metadata and search by DOI suddenly not working

I downloaded a couple of papers today and tried to retreive metadata but no matching references were found.
Then I tried to find the metadata by DOI, but it did not work either.
D898910550 - this is for DOI
D1358575535 - this is for retrieving metadata

Thanks!
  • Any concrete doi please?
  • I tried several, but here are some:
    10.1111/pim.12193
    10.1128/IAI.00141-12
    10.1016/j.ebiom.2016.10.007
  • NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.directoryEntries]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translator.js" line: 62}
    You're getting some weird errors pertaining to the 'translators' directory in the Zotero data directory. This is likely due to security software on the system (AppArmor, etc.) preventing Firefox from accessing or writing to files in the Zotero data directory.
  • THanks for your answer. And sorry for the stupid question maybe, but the Firefox can save/download data there, but cannot modify the files?
    Do I then need to fiddle with the security software or is there a more straightforward solution?
    Can I understand it so that this is due to an automatic update (it happened today for the first time)?
  • It's a generic error — all I can tell you is that Firefox isn't able to access the disk properly.

I'm not sure what automatic update you're referring to, but this wouldn't be related to a Zotero update — this is a problem outside of Zotero.
  • Nothing specific, I just don't understand why it happened suddenly ( I haven't changed anything neither in Firefox, nor Zotero).
  • edited May 5, 2017
    You can try deleting the 'translators' directory in your Zotero data directory and restarting Firefox, on the off-chance that that fixes the problem. The directory should be recreated on restart.
  • Hm. I tried that, it didn't help and then I googled "javaScriptError : No matching references found". And some similar EndNote problems appeared and people managed to get rid of them by resetting the proxy settings. So I went to Firefox proxy settings, opened them and closed them and now everything works again.
    Not that I get how and why :)
  • Yeah, that would be entirely coincidental — this doesn't have anything to do with EndNote (it's a specific Zotero error message), opening and closing a dialog doesn't have any effect, and this was a local disk-related error unrelated to the network.

But glad it's working for you now.