Quick copy with ES&T has formatting error

When I do a quick copy and then paste with Environmental Science & Technology style set as default in Preferences > Export, the pasted bibliography has two issues:

1. A carriage return after the list number which sends the actual citation to the next line.
2. The list numbers are right-aligned, though the citation itself is left-aligned.

I tested this in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I have seen this behavior for many months, may be even a year.

System: Zotero for Firefox 4.0.29.18, Windows 10 Pro

*** Example ***
(1)
Timonen, H.; Karjalainen, P.; Saukko, E.; Saarikoski, S.; Aakko-Saksa, P.; Simonen, P.; Murtonen, T.; Dal Maso, M.; Kuuluvainen, H.; Bloss, M.; et al. Influence of fuel ethanol content on primary emissions and secondary aerosol formation potential for a modern flex-fuel gasoline vehicle. Atmos. Chem. Phys. 2017, 17 (8), 5311–5329.
(2)
Lu, Y.; Su, W. Effects of the injection parameters on the premixed charge compression ignition combustion and the emissions in a heavy-duty diesel engine. Proceedings of the IMechE 2017, 0954407017701023.
(3)
Kotz, A. J.; Kittelson, D. B.; Northrop, W. F.; Schmidt, N. Real-World NOX Emissions of Transit Buses Equipped with Diesel Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems. Emiss. Control Sci. Technol. 2017, 1–8.
  • edited May 5, 2017
    It seems that this is not a problem of ES&T style, it is a problem somewhere between Zotero - clipboard - MS Word/LibreOffice. The same result I can see with other numeric styles. But if you put the citation to the tool as Notepad (I'm using PSPad) then there is no problem.
    EDIT: In Notepad all references are in one line, so it looks like a problem of "end of line" or similar string and its interpretation.
  • yeah, copying styles with numbers in the margins has never worked. I believe that's because of of how Word (and LO) interpret (or rather: fail to interpret) html in clipboards. Not sure how much can be done about that. FWIW, saving as RTF and opening works.