Unable to import RIS files?

Hello, this is my second time posting in the forum over the course of 2 days....as you can see I am struggling with Zotero/Juris-M. Been trying to import RIS files into my library and for all of them it says "The selected file is not in a supported format." They are all definitely RIS files but refuse to import.

Here is a sample of the contents of a RIS file I opened in TextEdit:

TY - JOUR
TI - 논문 : 한국 고전소설 영역의 제 문제
TT - A Comparative Reading of English Translations of Korean Classical Novels
JO - 고전문학연구
PB - 한국고전문학회
SN - 1225-1445
VL - 19
IS - 0
SP - 137
EP - 175
PY - 2001
AU - 장효현
UR - http://kiss.kstudy.com/search/detail_page.asp?key=2438242
KW -
AB -
ER -

Any and all help would be appreciated, getting very frustrated with it.

Thank you.
  • how about when you select the entry above, copy and then do import from clipboard?

If that doesn't work, try resetting translators from the advanced tab of the preferences. And when you say Zotero/Juris-m -- you just mean Juris-m, right?
  • edited May 8, 2017
    @adamsmith Sorry about the late reply, but correct I do mean Juris-M. I just tried resetting the translator and I am still unable to import RIS files into my library.
  • and doesn't import using copy and import from clipboard, either?

Could you provide an error report ID after a failed import?

@fbennett -- you'll need to take this. Works in vanilla Zotero 5.0
  • @adamsmith the clipboard method doesn't work, I get the same unsupported message.

Here's the error report:
    [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST) [nsIFile.isDirectory]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/schema.js" line: 628}]

version => 4.0.29.12m98, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.10, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.29.12m98, extensions => Juris-M Abbreviation Filter (1.1.35, extension), Bluebook signals (1.1.11, extension), Juris-M Word for Mac Integration (3.5.14m10, extension), Juris-M LibreOffice Integration (3.5.12m31, extension), Myles: modular CSL-M styles for law (1.1.108, extension), RTF/ODF Scan for Zotero (1.0.32, extension), ZotFile (4.2.5m6, extension), ZotFile (4.2.8, extension), Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-in, Version 11.0.12 (11.0.12, plugin), Default Browser Helper (600, plugin), SharePoint Browser Plug-in (14.5.4, plugin), Java Applet Plug-in (Java 8 Update 60 build 27, plugin), Silverlight Plug-In (5.1.50901.0, plugin)
  • @dks1570: Sorry for not picking up you query earlier. If you put [Juris-M] in the subject line, it will catch my attention. Looks like there is a problem with the translator. I'll follow up, should have something for you soon.
  • (The Mac machine is at the office, so look for a response in a few hours.)
  • @fbennett don't worry about it, sorry for not tagging it as Juris-M. Thanks a lot!!
  • (Had to deal with a failing wireless subsystem on my dev laptop today, but I'll get to this tomorrow.)
  • @fbennett Great, appreciate it.
  • Still investigating, but during a fresh-install trial today, the client failed to update translators. There is a problem on the server that needs to be sorted out for that, but in the meantime you can try installing the RIS translator manually and see if that fixes the import issue:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Juris-M/translators/master/RIS.js
  • edited May 10, 2017
    @fbennett: Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry about sounding ignorant about such things, but how does one go about installing the translator...?
  • place it in the "translators" folder in your juris-m data directory: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
    replacing the file of the same name.
  • @adamsmith @fbennett: Thank you for your replies, importing RIS files work now! I really appreciate all the help you have provided!