Improving Quick Format Citation Dialog: add OK and Cancel icons

Recently, I was teaching Zotero to my students, and most of them has issues with the quick format citation dialog. To validate, you need to press Enter and to cancel you need to press Echap.

Most of my students were searching a button / icon to validate with their mouse. Used to touch interface, the idea of using the keyboard to validate/cancel didn't came up.

Therefore, it could be appropriate to add to the citation dialog a validate icon (and a cancel icon) on the right of the form (like people are now used to in search forms on internet or smartphone) to allow validation/cancellation with a mouse.

Best regards
  • I'm a bit surprised by the reference to touch displays. When I type, e.g., into to google bar of my smartphone, there is no icon to confirm or cancel. To cancel I press the phone's generic back button and to confirm I press the return key on the keyboard (which displays a context-sensitive icon, admittedly). Same behavior in most apps I checked. So I'd say the quick format bar works very similarly to input fields for touch devices, at least of the android sort.