"You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it." Where?

wbt
edited April 30, 2017
I recently inserted a new citation into an exceptionally long MS Word 2010 document, that I've been working on for a very long time. On insertion, I got multiple popups each saying this:
"You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates? Clicking "Yes" will prevent Zotero from updating this citation if you add additional citations, switch styles, or modify the item to which it refers. Clicking "No" will erase your changes. "

However, there was no indication of *which* citation was referred to by "this citation." The cursor and viewing window did not move and nothing was highlighted. Choosing "No" four times, saving the document and comparing just before vs. just after, EVERY citation is detected as having changed in some field code, so I can't even use that to figure out which citations are affected in a reasonable time. Is there a better way to learn what citations Zotero was referring to, so I can see if there was any important customization that saying "No" to got rid of? I try to avoid such changes for this reason, but it'd be really helpful to know which specific citation is referred to when that error message is displayed.