Import library from EasyArticles

It would be great to have a way to import collections/libraries from EasyArticles (Synaptosoft). An easyarticle collection is stored as a .mdb (access database) or can be exported as an .eza file.

There doesn't seem to be any way to import a collection from the EasyArticle database to the zotero database - does anyone have experience with this? It would be ideal to have an importer that would transfer over references, the collection tree structure, as well as attached pdfs.
  • It looks like they let you export to Endnote. There is a good chance that they are exporting RIS, which Zotero could import. Try using that feature.
  • The export feature from easyarticles is limited to a .txt in medline format. Zotero won't import the .txt file (reports that 'No translator could be found for the given file.")

The "Export as Medline Citations" feature of easyarticles is pretty limited.
    It will only export one folder in the library tree (no subfolders), does not retain attached files. Using this medline export features seems to be intended to export single articles, not the collection. Also, this export function fails if you try and export custom (user generated) references (ie they were not orginally imported into easyarticles from pubmed or medline).

Is there a way to convert information in the easyarticles database (.mdb) or exported database (.eza) and import into zotero?
    Any suggestions appreciated...
  • Zotero imports a wide range of exchange formats, I would contact the EasyArticles folks and ask them to support any of the common interchange formats. (RIS, BibTeX, or something like MODS)
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, based on past experiences, I think I am unlikely to get a response from the folks at EasyArticles. It was a great piece of software that did many things well, but it doesn't seem to have any sort of ongoing development or support. It would have been great to move back and forth between Zotero and EasyArticles.