sync not working - deleted offending item but still complains

hi
referring to error 694552566, I am running the latest 1.5 beta in firefox 3.08 on ubuntu intrepid. Upgraded to 1.5 today, tried to sync, got some errors about firstname being too long, shortened or deleted them successfully. however now I have another such error which persists even though I first shortened the firstname and then later deleted the item. Haven't managed to complete the first sync successfully. The green wheel still complains about the same entry even though it is deleted, trash emptied, firefox restarted etc.
Any ideas? Otherwise, thanks for a very promising beta by the way
  • Hmm, seems to have sorted itself out now after waiting 2-3 hours. there must have been some sync process going on in the background???
    It seems to happen when I edit an offending entry, then fail to "click away" from it, i.e. click on some other item in order to save the changes.....
  • now although I managed to successfully shorten all those long names, I managed to complete the first sync. But now it is proving impossible to make a subsequent sync, the database keeps getting replace from an earlier version and I am getting told that there is another sync still in progress....