Add by ISBN on website

Hi,
I spend a lot of my time moving between work, personal and library computers.
I can install Zotero on my home PC but not the others as they are restricted.

One thing which I cannot figure out is how to add items to the collection if I'm not on my home PC. It seems that the functionality exists as it works fine in the application, but I can't see how to do it on the Web version.

With the departure of RefMe and the alternative being heavily criticised on the Twitter sites, it seems like a really good opportunity to capture all those frustrated users. Having control through the website and being able to add through ISBN were 1 of the best features, shortly followed by the app with a barcode scanner (I've found 1 on Android but really low usage).

Regards

Rich
  • https://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet allows adding items quickly from your browser, mobile & otherwise. You can combine this with a generic barcode scanner app which takes you to google books or something along those lines to approximate the scanning functionality (the scanner app for android doesn't currently work, unfortunately).
    (You can also add items manually on the website, but that's a bit tedious...)
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the response.
    It's the adding on the Zotero site I tend to work with most, it's just faster to enter an ISBN and the functionality obviously exists in the desktop, I just can't always use the desktop.

I have a mobile App which uses a 3rd party Barcode scanner, but it's a little unreliable, doesn't add to collections correctly etc.

Thanks