Error ID: 2027195185 - Proxy settings not working (not even visible in settings)

First, thanks for an absolutely incredible product in Zotero. I can't believe I didn't start using it before I did (it would have saved me tons of work).

Okay, down to business. I am using Zotero and Firefox, and I have the Zotero standalone and Firefox plugin installed (I like Chrome as well, so if what I'm about to ask about is a feature possible when using Chrome as well, I'd be keen to know that; I also have the Chrome plugin installed).

According to the documentation I've seen, Zotero should be able to facilitate proxy redirection, but this option doesn't even show up in Zotero on my end. I've checked to ensure I have the latest versions of everything, and I'm hoping someone here can provide some guidance.

Here's a snapshot of what I see when I'm in the preferences GUI in case that helps: http://tinypic.com/r/x21gr6/9

Many thanks in advance for your help.
  • edited April 24, 2017
    In Zotero 4.0 for Firefox, proxy support is only available when Standalone is closed, when Zotero for Firefox is operating in full mode. The current Chrome extension doesn't have proxy support.

New connector versions coming with Zotero 5.0 will have full proxy support. If you're using Zotero Standalone anyway, you can grab the new Zotero Connector for Firefox now from the 5.0 beta page. (It should work fine with Zotero Standalone 4.0, though a few things might work slightly better with 5.0.) An updated Chrome extension with proxy support is coming soon.
  • Thanks so much for the speedy reply!