Physical Review Translator broken - Error ID 1647715878

Translation for Physical Review Pages does not work correctly (with 1.5b2)
The list of authors is not imported, and the popup Window "Saving Item..." sometimes remains forever.
To reproduce the problem, go to e.g. http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.102.067207 , click the zotero icon and see the database entry
  • Not only APS, also AIP journals are affected - probably everything on scitation.aip.org
    It seems that zotero only accesses the COinS information, which does not include authors.
  • Do you really get the authors? A different translator than COinS?
    On a second try, I did not get the error – no idea what makes the difference (setup unchanged). Nevertheless, I cannot get the authors for any article from scitation.aip.org (that's where the above link is redirected to). As written in my previous remark, the COinS translator is used, but the list of authors is not in the COinS tags but rather use different encoding, having their own div id="authors".
    APS&AIP are large publishers, so there should be a solution – either APS&AIP should include the authors in COinS or Zotero providing a translator reading the div id="authors"; preferably also reading the abstract.
    As I understand more of the problem in the meanwhile - should we finish this thread and I open a new one in request for translators?
  • edited April 8, 2009
    Do you really get the authors?
    Yes.
    A different translator than COinS?
    Yes; it uses the scitation translator (which, in turn, uses the RIS file for most references). There are COinS embedded on that page, but that translator should not take priority.
    As written in my previous remark, the COinS translator is used
    How have you deduced this?
    APS&AIP are large publishers, so there should be a solution – either APS&AIP should include the authors in COinS
    Feel free to email the publisher.
    or Zotero providing a translator reading the div id="authors"; preferably also reading the abstract
    Authors are in the RIS; abstract is not.
  • It was the COinS translator according to the hover box when leaving the cursor over the zotero icon in the address bar. Preferences>General>"Update Now" (translators&styles) alone did not help. "Update Now" plus restarting Firefox did solve the problem - the hover box now gives "Scitation" as a translator. Thank you for the help solving this problem!