Slow Note Window

I am using Zotero for Firefox and finding that when I open a note in a separate window, after editing for 20 minutes, the response of the window becomes very slow. Typed letters/words can take seconds to appear on screen. The issue gets worse with time. If I close the window, do a change to the same note in the note pane, and then re-open the note in a new window, then normal speed is temporarily restored, but the problem repeats itself. The pattern is very consistent. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have a solution?

I'm using Zotero 4.0.26.16 on Firefox 52.0.2 (32-bit) on Linux, Ubuntu 14.04
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for some typing when it gets slow?
  • The Debug ID is D50432034. It includes about 10,000 lines. This is what accrued in the interval (circa 45 minutes) from just before opening an independent note window, to when slowness was clearly an issue, which clearly takes some time. The slowness increased during this time till there was a lag of 1-2 seconds between typing and the appearance of the letters on screen. The last thing I did before submitting the debug output was to close the affected window.
  • That's definitely odd. We can't really debug it in 4.0, but let us know if it continues to happen in Zotero 5.0, which will be released very soon.
  • I know this is likely to be of little use, but just in case, I have logged some more Debug Output. The Debug ID is D1563793773. The output was created while I typed the following text into a separate note window that had shown the lag described previously. Below is the text I typed during the recording of the Debug Output, describing the response of the window. Please don't feel obliged to reply.

"I am typing a few lines while there is a lag in the window's ability to catch up with typing. I notice that after opening the preferences window and enabling debug output, the windo was initially very responsive to typing. However, even while typing that last sentence, there were moments of lag. I am finding however that the lag is not constant."