[5.0 Beta] Tags removed on sync

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 5.0 Beta.
  • edited April 19, 2017
    I have a serious bug on zotero 5.0-beta.181+f3ceb7f (last update).

When I add a new tag to an item (which already had several tags), some of the tags of the items are removed on sync. This happened several times on the same items and on different items. The bug is still there after closing zotero and starting it again.

I did a little debug by doing a search via the text box (on the top) and the tag weren't removed. But the tags are removed when I simply add a tag to an items in the library (without any search) or when I am doing a search by tag (by selecting a tag in the tag panel)

I asked my coworker to close his zotero (we were working together on the same dB but on different computer), but the bug was still there.

This happens on items added to zotero in 2014 (under zotero 4 I guess)but also to items added today (under zotero5)

----------- Edit:
    Some more testing:
    - my coworker has the same bug on zotero 5.0-beta.180+de7b56b
    - I have uninstalled zotero and reinstalled it : the bug is stille there.

We are very worried, we don't know since when we have this bug, we may have lost a lot of data. Entries with missing tags are useless.
  • when you say "working together on the same dB" -- you're syncing these through Zotero or are you actually working on the same database stored on a network drive or the like?
  • Sorry for not being more precise. I mean syncing through Zotero (we have have two different zotero.sqlite but we are connected with the username in Zotero).
  • Yeah, there was a problem here from a change we made on Sunday night (to allow changing the case of tags). It looks like some (but not necessarily all) existing tags could be removed from an item when new tags were added to it. It was happening somewhat randomly based on the exact name of the tags, which is why our tests didn't catch it.

I put in a temporary fix that should stop this from happening (while reverting the case fix for the moment). Sorry about this, and thanks for letting us know.
  • Super! We are very impressed by your reactivity. Such a nice team, thanks a lot for your work!