Leftovers after APA-Nature style conversion (leading spaces & superscript prefixes)

Hello,

I have a manuscript in which I used Zotero to insert references, APA style. I now have to format my refs in Nature style, and after changing the citation style in the Document Preferences menu of Zotero's Word addon, a few problems are left for which there seems to be no automatic solution - unless some can please please suggest one:

1) I see in other Nature papers that, where prefixes and suffixes are used next to a citation - such as "for examples, see e.g. refs 1 and 2" - the reference number(s) are no longer written as a superscript but on the same line as the prefix. However, where I have Prefixes/Suffixes defined for a citation, what I get instead is that they too are formatted in superscript by Zotero!
2) After the conversion, each superscript number (ref) is now prefixed by a space; these are spaces that I inserted manually, to confirm with APA, e.g. "blabla (REF)", whereas now they are useless: "blabla ^REF". Any way to customise the Nature style so that it deletes the initial blank, while leaving it there in the APA style?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Sorry, there are no solutions for either of those cases.
    We could code the APA style to include the space so you don't to it manually, but I don't think there's any reasonable way of doing away with this.
    For 2), though, it should be quite simple to fix this using a search&replace.