Moving collection into group

I'd be grateful for some help.
I am trying to move a collection from Zotero to a shared group. I assumed that I could simply "drag" a collection from "My Library" into "Group Libraries." (I have a private group set up for my students, with an extensive set of sub collections.) Although I can drag individual items, folders / subcollections do not seem to be able to be dragged. I have looked at the online documentation for groups and collections, and do not see anything specific about this.
Should it be possible to drag folders into shared groups? If so, what does one need to do to set this up?
Thank you,
André

I am using 5.0-beta.176+d8fed09 on macOS Sierra (latest version).
  • Definitely should be possible -- could you start by creating a test collection with a single, newly created item, and see if you can drag that over? It'd be helpful to know if this is only broken under specific circumstances or generally.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. That works!
    My collection has a hierarchy -- nested folders. (Course, and topics within the course.)
    It looks as though if I try to drag a folder that contains folders, it doesn't work; if I drag a folder that merely contains items, it does work. I'll keep experimenting a bit.
  • One thing that I think could make this fail is if some items in a collection are already in the group, so if your course content overlaps, that might cause the problem?

But also the handling of collections has changed with 5.0 and I don't have 5.0 here to test, so might be a more general issue.
  • Thanks, adamsmith. I'll see if I can sort out all the variables; will post when I know more.