Find empty info fields

Is there a way, through advanced search or otherwise, to find all items where a particular info field is empty?

I'm trying to make all of my items have DOIs but cant go through my entire library manually to identify which items have missing DOI fields
  • For DOIs that's extra simple:

Search for
    Item Type -- is -- Journal Article
    DOI -- does not contain -- 10.

And repeat the same for conference paper. Those are the two only item type with DOIs and all DOIs start with 10.

Generically, you can search for % as a wildcard for any character, but the nice thing of the above is that it will also give you items where the DOI is garbage.
  • perfect, thanks!

I'm guessing theres no way to combine journal articles and conference papers into the same search?
  • First make a search for both Item Type 'is' 'Journal Article' and Item Type 'is' 'Conference Paper'. Set the search option to match 'any' of the criteria. Save this search. Then, in a second search, search for Collection 'is' 'The Saved Search you just made' and the DOI search above (with match set to 'all').

Alternatively, you could just search for the DOI criterion, then sort the results by item type and only look at journal articles and conference papers.