Open Office plugin: "Item 1 in this citation no longer exists"

I am using OpenOffice plugin, fully updated, with FireFox 3.0.8, with Zotero 1.5b2

All had been working smoothly until last few days. Now, when I attempt to add a citation with multiple references I get error message that says:
"Item 1 in this citation no longer exists in your Zotero database...."

But the item DOES exist. IN FACT, if I 'cancel' out of the error and enter EXACTLY the same citations a second time, it works fine! But the same error happens next citation.

So, I can work around this but it's very inefficient.

Is this a bug or can I do something to make it stop happening?

Thanks,

KW
  • (Please don't double-post.)

Have you always used this document with the same Zotero library on the same computer, or have you used it with a copy of the library on another computer (via, say, export/import)?
  • I often work on same document on two different machines -- usually simply copying via USB flashdrive.

I do try to keep Zotero libaries on both computers synced, and both are using fully updated versions of all the software involved.

(Sorry about double posting)
  • OK, but when you copy, do you just copy the entire Zotero data directory (as recommended in the documentation), or do you export on one and then import on the other? The way the word processor plugins currently work, if you use export/import, you'll lose links to references in documents.

If you're using Zotero 1.5, you might consider using the new sync features instead. If you go that route, you'll want to clear one of the sides first (either by using Restore from Server in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences or by simply deleting the Zotero data directory with Firefox closed) and then sync from the other side.