ICMJE Vancouver

The university college I work at recommends the ICMJE version of the Vancouver style, I'm a bit surprised that I can't find a ICMJE-Vancouver style i the repository.
Does one of the eisting CSL-styles correspond to the ICMJE standard, and which one would that be?

And another question: Does anyone know how to write page references for the in-text citations? I can't find anything about it in Citing Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7265/
I've seen some texts give the page number(s) after the citation number separated by a colon, like this: (12:341-44) but I'm unsure wether this is the correct way to do it.
  • The style is simply called "Vancouver" in CSL -- it's included in Zotero by default and there are a whole range of variants available on zotero.org/styles

Generally I would not cite page numbers/ranges when using Vancouver style at all.
  • Thanks for clearing that up for me adamsmith.

Just to be sure, that I understand you correctly: If you use a specific passage from say a book, you don't note where in book the information is located? It seems to me to be rather harsh on the reader.
  • Yes -- I think Vancouver-type citations are harsh on the reader anyway. You'd have to flip to the bibliography to see what item (1) represents anyway.

I occasionally see page numbers or ranges for books in the bibliography. Zotero can't handle that correctly and it doesn't make a lot of sense systematically (since it's a bibliography, not a citation).
  • I agree, it doesn't make much sense to put page ranges in the bibliography, and it isn't a lot of help either, if the same work is referenced multiple times. I certainly prefer the author-date systems. Unfortunately, it's not up to me to choose.

Thank you again for taking your time to explain this.