Web address bug in zotero standalone

When a press on a reference in the zotero standalone on my surface pro 4 tablet a menu pops up where I can select show online. When I select show online the reference opens in pubmed in my web browser. However, when I look in the field web address for such a reference such field is empty. In the bibliography in word 2016 the web adress is also missing. I have 100 references in my library for the majority of references the web adress filed is empty even though all of them have a working web address. I therefore have to manually add a web adress for all references by opening the reference from within zotero (by selecting show online) and then copy the web adress and past it into the webb adress field. Could this please be fixed? I have added all references with the Firefox plug-in.
  • The pubmed catalog entry, though, is not a web address of an article. It's just its entry in the PubMed catalog, so that's not in the URL field on purpose (and it shouldn't be in a bibliography). Most articles that you're getting from PubMed, though, would have a DOI, which can be converted to a URL. Several styles, like the APA style, do that for you. Otherwise you can modify your citation style of choice to include it.
  • I would have preferred if the web adress field included the URL to the abstract in pubmed. In my opinion this the articles URL. At least I would like to have the option in zotero to make that happen. In many scientific journals they also link to the article in pubmed in the bibliography. It is too advanced for me to start modifying the citation style. I have no idea how to even open such a file and I definitely don't have the knowledge to modify such file successfully.
  • While journals may include the link to pubmed in the published version, I've not once seen that required (or even allowed) in the instructions for authors by a journal.

Zotero is adhering to widely shared conventions here (cf. e.g. the style manuals by the AMA and the NLM). There are workarounds if you don't like those conventions as per above, but we're not going to change them in Zotero, sorry.