Word plug in not working for citations in Word

Hi there, I have downloaded the 32-bit version of Firefox for PC. I have installed the latest version of Zotero for Firefox from the Zotero home page, as well as Word for Windows Plugin 3.5.6 (Firefox extension).

I am using Word 2013. The Zotero file menu is visible when I open Word, and I can click on Add/Edit citation, and the long, red search bar appears. However when I type in a citation, nothing happens - it doesn't seem to connect with my Zotero library. I have been able to use this function in the past, but not it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help please?
  • Hi Sarah, first try this https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting. The second, Zotero for Firefox will not continue, so my recommendation is to install Standalone Zotero.
  • I actually don't think the standard troubleshooting will help here. If the red bar comes up, Zotero is communicating successfully with Word in general, which is what those steps usually try to fix..

If you click on the little arrow at the left of the red bar and select the classic view of the add citation dialog, are you seeing your library?
  • Thanks Adam, when I select classic view of the add citation dialogue box, there is a box on the left hand side that says: 'My Library' but there is nothing underneath it. I.e. no items from my library are in there.