Zotero not importing author names

The (save to Zotero) button does not seems to import the authors' names from some journal site (I encounter the problem frequently on AIP Publishing journals). I tried to download the citation file then join the article entry with the one taken by the Zotero button (by cleaning duplicates), but the new entry was missing the author names as well. I posted the issue here because I don't know where to report it. (P.S.: I use Safari and run Sierra on my Mac, but the issue occurred on more than one browser)
  • we need specific URLs to say more, but on AIP and Annual Reviews we're aware of this and are hoping for the respective publishers to fix the issue, which is on their end.
  • I have the same problem. Saving any paper on J. Chem. Phys. (for example http://aip.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/1.4807886) does not provide the authors. I don't understand if the problem can be fixed by Zotero or if it must be fixed by AIP. How would AIP know about the problem? Have Zotero developers informed AIP?
    Thanks
  • We've had multiple users contact AIP -- I'd suggest to send them an email, just to keep this on the radar and make clear that it affects many of their users.
  • Dear, I have the same problem, not importing authors names or other meta-data, nether from Journal websites or Pubmed, can someone advise what can be done (reinstall, wait, etc..?). Thank you