Problems to use zotero after installed it in Google Chrome

I have not been able to use the extension of Zotero after I installed in Google chrome.
This is the error that I get:

[JavaScript Error: "Attempting to use a disconnected port object" {file: "extensions::messaging" line: 60}]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot read property 'url' of undefined" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js" line: 36}]
  • When you say "have not been able to use" -- what exactly is happening (or not)?
    Which version of Chrome?
  • Zotero Standalone stated that it is currently unavailable. When I am trying to use I got a message saying that it is not open or unreachable.
  • I mean when I am trying to save a source.
  • I am using version 56.0.2924.87
  • and just to rule out the obvious -- you do have, in fact, Zotero Standalone installed and running, yes?

If so, when you put http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping into the address bar in chrome and press return, what does it say (It should say something like Endpoint not supported).
  • It says This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.
  • It'd be reassuring if you could explicitly confirm that you actually have the Zotero Standalone application installed and running. Without that, this is of course exactly what we'd expect to see.

Assuming you do have Standalone installed and running, something on your computer is interfering with Zotero's ability to communicate with the Chrome connector. The most likely cause is a proxy server. You want to whitelist localhost (that is 127.0.0.1) on your proxy. Another possible culprit is an overzealous Firewall -- same idea, you'd need to whitelist that port.

• As @adamsmith noted make sure that you have Zotero Standalone installed and running. If you do see connector connectivity troubleshooting page for a detailed breakdown of possible causes.
  • I installed the extension in the browser this morning. I have not whitelist the local host. How I can do it?
  • It really sounds like you don't have Zotero Standalone installed, to be honest. The Chrome extension by itself is relatively limited in what it can do. You want to use it in conjunction with Zotero Standalone, installed from http://www.zotero.org/download/ (top right)
  • edited March 27, 2017
    Thank you very much. I will follow the instructions that you sent me.