Zotero on Mac won't make a bibliography

Hi everyone,

I've been using Zotero in Word on Mac to put citations into my thesis, and have entered them all the correct way using the software (it's taken 3 days - I'm new to all this). I'm now trying to make a bibliography, but every time I press the "create bibliography" button in the add-in, it just opens the main Zotero program window and does nothing to my document. I've tried making a new document with lots of random references, and it works fine in that case, but with my actual thesis I can't get it to make a bibliography. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
  • Thanks for that. I've followed the steps, and it seems there's an problem with Word and Zotero communicating. I submitted an error report and got the error code: 560860010. Should I make a new topic for this?
  • If it works in a new document, it's not really possible to follow the steps and have it not work — the point is that you're isolating the section that's broken. (In other words, if you copy a paragraph without citations, it's equivalent to a new document.)
  • Hi,

I have a similar problem. I work on a Macbook Air 2016, newest Zotero version. I started writing my thesis but the problem is, that Zotero wouldn't create a bibliography within the document. Just the number e.g. in "nature" style... I tried installing other styles, problem persists.
    I don't have a lot of citations yet... any suggestions anyone???
  • Have you tried clicking "Insert Bibliography"? What happens when you do?
  • That's really strange. I tried "add bibliography" before and it said I first have to create a bibliography... anyhow, that time it worked. Thank you.
  • What you probably saw before was the program telling you you add to insert a _citation_ before inserting a bibliography.