IP address range for Zotero

Hello,

At my work I'm trying to use Zotero standalone along with the Chrome extension. Everything is working including extracting article metadata except for saving PDF full text from sites like JSTOR. It's working fine on on any other computers except for those on our network.

Our IT team have advised that I contact the Zotero developers to ask for the IP address range that the Zotero extension is trying to connect to so they can whitelist it in our firewall.

Please can you advise? I haven't been able to find this covered elsewhere but apologies if it is.

Thanks,
Nick
  • You need to whitelist port 23116 if you use LibreOffice integration and 23119 for the chrome extension.
  • Zotero doesn't communicate with its server when you're saving from a website or retrieving metadata, so there isn't any specific IP range -- it would just need full access to the internet on the HTTP and HTTPS ports.
    The one IP that Zotero does use is the localhost 127.0.0.1/ -- that would have to be whitelisted in a firewall so that Zotero can talk to Chrome (on port 23119 to be preciese)