No Access Date in Bibliography Entries

Hello, I'm citing from scientific online journal articles. The access date is included in the item record in my Zotero library, but it is not including that in the Bibliography. Our thesis secretary says it should be there in Chicago style. How can I be sure this field gets added?
  • Could you provide an example of an item? Generally speaking, though, your thesis secretary is wrong for Chicago Manual:
    An access date—that is, the self-reported date on which an author consulted a source—is of limited value: previous versions will often be unavailable to readers; authors typically consult a source any number of times over the course of days or months; and the accuracy of such dates, once recorded, cannot readily be verified by editors or publishers. Chicago does not therefore require access dates in its published citations of electronic sources unless no date of publication or revision can be determined from the source
    (CMoS 14.7)
  • Hi, For example, here's one item where I have the accessed date in my library, but it doesn't show up in the bibliography or note.
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/apr04/vagus.aspx

I see in the 16th edition, that it also says that access date is not required, but then their example shows one with it. Is there any way I can get Zotero to include it if it's in my library record?
  • Not using Chicago Manual, no (or at least not without modifying the citation style, which is a bit involved for Chicago Manual). Most other citation styles would include them. You could look if Turabian does (I haven't checked). That's otherwise pretty similar to Chicago Manual.
  • OK, thanks!
  • This means the access date has to be added maually where the pub date is undetermined, yes? That's not happy news
  • Oops, never mind. It's there where needed!