Loosing notes...

I just noticed that I lost two notes that I added yesterday. I'm using Zotero 1.5b2 with Firefox 3.0.8 in openSUSE 11.1. The notes were added to existing references (journal articles) in the database. The articles are still there - the notes are not. Zotero is set up to automatically sync - but I'm using the same computer that the notes were written on. Just a day later. The work that was lost is not the biggest problem (about 30 min). But it makes me hesitant to trust Zotero...

Anybody else who had this happen?
  • My mistake!! I didn't notice that (in the new version - at least I never noticed before) when you select a pdf attachment of your database entry a "note" window opens up at the right hand side. If you type in that window the "note" will be saved - but won't show up as independent note linked to the original database entry. Instead you have to click on the attached pdf again to see the "note" on the right hand side. So, no data was lost and my enthusiasm in Zotero is restored! *g*

BTW, what is the intended use of this feature? Why not save the note as note, but instead as note on top of the attachment? Just curious...