Mismatched imports

Hi there,
When I import RIS files from bibliographic databases, the numbers of results in the database are not the same as the number of items that appear in the corresponding zotero folder. For example, I did a search with 1104 results in ebscohost. Imported the RIS file, and only 984 items appear in Zotero. A similar thing happens when transferring folders from my individual library to a shared library. Why could this be the case? Is it something to do with duplicates? Or the RIS file itself?
Thanks,
Shiv
  • are you positive EBSCO exports all 1104 results? Have you tried opening in a text editor and searching by TY - ? That should tell you the number of items in the file.

Could you describe what you mean by the second part about transferring folders? How are you counting items, how are you transferring them?
  • OK, I did just check that and there are only 984 instances of TY. So it's EBSCO not including all the results in the RIS file, which is strange. Ignore the second question for now. I'll come back if we have any further problems on this. Thanks again!