[5.0 Beta] Connector for Firefox does not save proxy options

Connector for Firefox 4.999.9
Debug ID: D1598615859
Error ID: 342806578

When I change "Disable proxy redirection when my domain name contains" and "Configured Proxies", the options are not saved when Firefox is re-started. All other add-ons have been disabled and a new profile was used with the same problem.
  • We had reports of connector failing to retain settings before when using "Keep until: I close Firefox" cookie settings. Could this be the case?
  • Yes that seems to be the problem (I did search but...). I'm on Firefox 51.0.1 Windows and have it set up to "Accept 3rd party cookies: always" and "Keep until: I close Firefox" but I do not have "Always use private browsing mode" set. I'm reluctant to change to "Keep until: they expire" because of security. It looks like waiting until the connector is updated because the Bugzilla report (1317797) suggest that localStorage is working as designed and storage.local should be used.
  • mc
    edited March 1, 2017
    A little more investigation shows that it is not cookies "Keep until: I close Firefox" but "Clear history when Firefox closes" and choosing within that to delete cookies. This allows me to change "Disable proxy redirection when my domain name contains" but not to add "Configured Proxies"
  • A little more investigation shows that it is not cookies "Keep until: I close Firefox" but "Clear history when Firefox closes" and choosing within that to delete cookies. This allows me to change "Disable proxy redirection when my domain name contains" but not to add "Configured Proxies"
    That's unlikely. If you managed to get one setting to be retained, then others should work too. Both settings use localStorage.

FWIW we plan to move storage.local but it is not very straightforward due to the API differences.