Problems making changes to library

Hi,
One of the members of a group library I manage has been having several alerts/warnings and an error come up recently that I'm not sure how to resolve. The error is that she "Cannot make changes to the library" (Report ID: f56a761a]).

The warning is that she "no longer has write access to a Zotero group and items you've added or edited cannot be synced to the server" even though I didn't change any of her permission levels.

She has also received a few alerts that "one or more locally deleted Zotero tags have been modified remotely since the last sync. The local versions have been kept." How can this alert be deactivated?

Any advice on any or all of these issues would be appreciated.
Thanks!
  • Could we have a new Report ID from her? I think that one would have to be from several days ago, and we can no longer view it.
  • Hi, She said she isn't getting an error anymore (so no report ID), but she tried resyncing and after two days, she still received the warning I listed above ("You no longer have write access to the Zotero group....., and items you've added or edited cannot be synced to the server. If you continue, your copy of the group will be reset to its state on the server, and local modifications to items and files will be lost. If you would like a chance to copy your changes elsewhere or to request write access from a group administrator, cancel the sync now."

She said she clicked the "reset group and sync" button (which she has had to do often). Now the new group library I've added her to is showing up, but a previous group library she had access to is gone (and I haven't made any changes as admin of both these groups except add her to the new group library, which she IS able to see). I'm really not sure what is causing this issue as well as the issue of the syncing taking so long. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • We'd need specific details to debug this, starting with a Report ID (which doesn't depend on their being an error), her username, and the groups in question. (You can email the latter two to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.)
  • Clicking "Reset Group and Sync" should remove the library and then pull down a fresh copy, but if that's not working for some reason, it's probably easiest for her just to leave the group from the website, sync (which should remove it entirely from the client), and then rejoin and sync again (which should pull down a fresh copy).

If you didn't make permissions changes recently, this might be a bug in 4.0, but 5.0 will be out very soon, so no point debugging it.
  • Hi, Sorry, I didn't receive a notification of your last post for some reason. Thanks for your suggestion - how can she leave the group? I'm not seeing that as an option when I log on as myself, but perhaps it's because I'm the owner of all the groups she is having trouble viewing.

Since she seems to be having issues with more than one group now (per the email I just sent), I guess she should just unjoin all of them, sync, and then join them all again? Thanks for your help.
  • yes. You can leave a group (that you don't own) on the group's landing page, i.e. go to https://www.zotero.org/groups and click on the group's name. The "Leave Group" button is on the left.