Zotero is broken in NeoOffice 3.0

I just "upgraded" to NeoOffice 3.0 and Zotero is now broken. I'd been using it very successfully with the previous version. (I uses the standard Zotero, not 1.5). Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix it? I removed the old extension and reinstalled, but even that didn't make it work-- I got the same error message about runtime error--unknown property exception and lots of code. I have a MAC OS 10.5.6.

Thanks!
  • I am having the identical issue with Neo Office 3.0 on Mac OS 10.5.6.

I installed Neo Office 3.0 from scratch and then downloaded an installed the latest Zotero plugin (1.0.10). Whenever I try to add a citation I receive a runtime error.

For now I have resorted to using Neo Office 2.2.3 where the plugin works fine, but I am sure most users would like to upgrade to Neo Office 3.0 ASAP :)

Just thought I would post this in addition to wildbill's ticket - in case everyone was passing it up as an April fool's ;)
  • Works fine here! Using latest version of NeoOffice (3.0.Patch2) on OSX (10.5.6) with Zotero 1.5. and now with 2.0b3. lolpant and wildbill: have you both tried using Zotero's latest OpenOffice extension 2.0a2? See here
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_integration#plugins_for_zotero_1.5_beta
    This may do the trick.
    kithairon
  • I am using OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard), Firefox 3.5.2, Neo Office 3.0 patch 7, and Zotero 2.0b6.5 was working ok,-- but then I tried to get the latest version of the plug-in (I think I installed Zotero 1.010), and I got this yellow triangle thing on Zotero and now my Neo Office Zotero doesn't work at all, and I can't access Zotero either! I am very upset. I would think that Zotero would make everything work so very easily--like silk! I am new at using both Neo Office, and Zotero. It seems my productive life is on hold at the moment. I don't know how to 'uninstall' and 'reinstall' without risking losing data. I would appreciate comments about when this can become a workable arrangement. Can't you 'fix it -- its broke!!!'??? I am an archivist and my data is valuable.

Anita
  • Anita: Zotero 1.0.10 is older than 2.0b6.5.

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/newer_db_version

And NeoOffice 3.0 requires Zotero 2.0, available from the front page, and the 2.0-compatible plugins.

There's no risk of losing your data by uninstalling and reinstalling Zotero or the plugins (though you should always make backups of your Zotero data, like any other important data).
  • @anitagraces:
    If you went from Zotero 2.0b6.5 to Zotero 1.0.10, then you have actually downgraded. The Zotero 2.0 database cannot be used by Zotero 1.0 and the word processor plugins that are compatible with Zotero 2.0 are not compatible with Zotero 1.0. Is there some reason that you wish to use 1.0? If not, returning to Zotero 2.0 is the easiest method to fix everything.