APA bibliography format error for books

Hi,

When I insert my bibliography for a book:
Ignatavicius, D. D., & Workman, M. L. (2016). Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care (8th ed.). St. Louis: Elsevier Health Sciences.

the title is italicized but capitalized incorrectly. I manually edited the reference to un-capitalize some of the words, which worked, but then the title un-italicized. I wasn't able to edit the reference to italicize again (meaning that I italicized the reference in the editing form but the title was still un-italicized in Word).

How can I fix this? Do I need to fix the title in Standalone? I thought I could collect a source from the internet and Zotero would do all the formatting work :(

Thanks for your help
  • I thought I could collect a source from the internet and Zotero would do all the formatting work
    no, it's not quite that easy. Many sources on the internet provide imperfect metadata and Zotero isn't always able to fix that. Where, for example, the titles are in headline capitalization, you will need to manually fix that in Zotero. Don't fix it in the document, though -- fix in Zotero Standalone.
    See https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sentence_casing for details

Not you can right-click on a non-selected title in the righ-hand pane in Zotero and auto convert it to pseudo sentence case, but you will still need to uppercase the subtitle and proper nouns manually.
  • (The small amount of necessary curation is defintiely smaller than that required to format every citation yourself.)