Zotero 4.0.29 crashes when adding related items

Hi there,

I recently updated Zotero standalone to 4.0.29, but since I have I am having persistent problems with the program crashing when I want to relate one note to another -- something I do quite frequently. Very very frequently you might say; I have a very cross-referenced set of notes in my bibliography.

I can't seem to identify one time when it happens more than other times, it's just buggy and frequent and frustrating, and it didn't happen before I updated to this version of the program. Does anyone have ideas about what might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
  • Zotero 4.0.29 came out in March 2016 and wasn't released for Standalone, so I don't think that's what you mean.

In any case, we'd need a Report ID after reproducing this.

You should also check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Thanks dstillman,

Here's a Report ID -- 311189943

I'm going to try checking the database integrity now.
  • Oh, and in 'about Zotero' it says my version is 4.0.29.17 -- I guess I left of the .17?
  • I just checked the database integrity, it claims to have found no faults.
  • Hello again -- here is a new error Report ID, my previous one may not have been reporting an error -- this one does.

• Zotero 5.0 will be out very soon, so just wait and see if this still happens in that. (There won't be any more 4.0 releases, so as long as your database isn't corrupt there's nothing really worth debugging here.)
  • OK, thanks dstillman.