Authors names abbreviated

Hi,
I created a reference list and for some ref-s, the authors names were abbreviated. For example:
QL, M., P, C., M, Y., and (Apr, U. K. (2003) Alpha-synuclein aggregation and neurodegenerative diseases. J. Alzheimers Dis.

I want to have full last names. I have tried several styles. Names are abbreviated in all styles.

• You almost certainly have those authors inserted the wrong way in Zotero. Zotero citation styles aren't even able to abbreviate last names.
  • Adam,
    Here is the bibtex file that i imported

@comment{ Kolko M., Wang J., Zhan C., Poulsen K. A., Prause J. U., Nissen M.
    H., Heegaard S., Bazan N. G. 2007. Identification of intracellular
    phospholipases A2 in the human eye: involvement in phagocytosis of
    photoreceptor outer segments. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 48:
    1401–140 }
    @book{2007identification,
    author = "Kolko M. and Wang J. and Zhan C. and Poulsen K. A. and Prause J. U. and Nissen M. H. and Heegaard S. and Bazan N. G.",
    title = "Identification of intracellular phospholipases {A}2 in the human eye: involvement in phagocytosis of photoreceptor outer segments",
    publisher = "Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci",
    year = 2007
    }

in the zotero authors are listed with their full last names and initialized first names, however in the reference list i get the following when i use zotero

M, K., J, W., C, Z., A, P. K., U, P. J., H, N. M., S, H., and G, B. N. (2007) Identification of intracellular phospholipases A2 in the human eye: involvement in phagocytosis of photoreceptor outer segments, Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci
  • edited February 14, 2017
    It looks like you have entered/imported the names with last/family name and first/given initials fields reversed. Switch the name parts around in Zotero.

In your bibtex file, there is no comma between the last name and the initials, so Zotero interprets these as being in the form "First Last" rather than "Last First".
  • got it , ive just realized that, anyway to swap them in batch? It ll take me forever to go one by one and redo the whole thing over.
  • You can right-click on an unselected author and select "Swap First/Last Name" but know, you can't do this in batch, sorry.

You might be able to edit the bibtex file with a regex-based search&replace and re-import as an alternative.
    something like (no guarantees whatsoever)
    /(author = .+ )([A-Z][a-z]+)(\s[A-Z]\.)/$1$2,$3/
  • THANK YOU
    Do you know if i insert a citation in the middle of the text with something like Nature or JBC style (numbers), will it add the number to the end of the list or appropriately where its needed.
    Something like: i have 100 citations and the new citation goes in the middle (45). When I add the citation will I have 101 or 45?
  • edited February 14, 2017
    Zotero automatically updates numerical citations, so it'll be 45. That'd be rather inconvenient if it didn't.

Edit: that assumes working with a word processor plugin, obviously. Bibliographies created using "Create Bibliography" from Zotero are static.
  • thank u, im slowly getting used to it and have already advertised the soft to the whole department. Its a pretty good one!!!