Report ID 1667694800 -- problem with WebDAV syncronization (Yandex.Disk)

edited February 12, 2017
Greetings.
I have been using WebDAV access to Yandex Disk for synchronization of my library for quite a while and it's been working fine so far, but about a week ago I've encountered an error:
HTTP 202 from WebDAV server for HTTP PUT
More output is in the report ID 1667694800.
The access to the Yandex Disk server works fine with FAR-NetBox WebDAV client, for example, I can upload, download and delete files just fine. And I have not adjusted any settings in Zotero Standalone as far as I remember. Could it be, that the Yandex Disk server has been changed in such a way, that the Zotero cannot use it anymore, but the other WebDAV clients can (i.e. FAR-NetBox, WinScp, Total Commander)?

Best regards, Alexander Grushin.
  • I've also uploaded debug ID D1635422697 with the same error, just in case.
  • Same problem with me. Uploaded debug report ID 501355668
  • I'm pretty sure that's an error on their (Yandex) part. Put requests should never get a 202 response from the server. You need to talk to them.
  • edited February 14, 2017
    To adamsmith
    >You need to talk to them.

I did and they replied something like this:
    "We did not change anything on our servers, moreover we do not know, how the Zotero works. Please contact Zotero creators."

I have run some tests myself and found out that the Box cloud storage works fine with Zotero over WebDAV, hence the problem indeed must be on the Yandex.Disk servers side, at least partially. But I also realize, that they clearly lack information on details of Zotero interactions with WebDAV server, besides, let's not forget, that the other WebDAV clients still work with Yandex.Disk just fine. So I'm a bit stuck here. Would you be so kind and propose some actions that can taken to resolve this issue? Perhaps some part of general debug log can throw some light on this matter?

UPD:
    By the way, when I set up WebDAV service and the remote storage is clean, Zotero proposes to create "zotero" folder on the cloud. The creation of the folder goes well and without any errors, the troubles begin when Zotero tries to synchronise with the cloud. Interestingly, it manages to upload some of the files eventually, I can see them via NetBox client. But then something happens and the mentioned error pops up.

Best regards, Alexander Grushin.
  • Zotero relies on and works with a standard functioning WebDAV and can only do very basic troubleshooting on this. Not all applications relying on WebDAV use all of its functionality, so just because something else is still working doesn't mean their webDAV is specified correctly.

You can look at the debug output from Zotero during sync:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output and feel free to forward this, but I'm pretty sure my diagnosis above is right. If Zotero sends a PUT to their sever and gets a 202 back, their server isn't working correctly.
  • To adamsmith
    I've already uploaded the debug output:
    > I've also uploaded debug ID D1635422697 with the same error, just in case.

I've also updated my earlier reply, namely added the last bit of the puzzle:
    "By the way, when I set up WebDAV service and the remote storage is clean, Zotero proposes to create "zotero" folder on the cloud. The creation of the folder goes well and without any errors, the troubles begin when Zotero tries to synchronise with the cloud. Interestingly, it manages to upload some of the files eventually, I can see them via NetBox client. But then something happens and the mentioned error pops up."

I'll also forward your replies to Yandex disk support team this instant, we'll see what they have to tell.

Thank you for your help.
  • If Zotero sends a PUT to their sever and gets a 202 back, their server isn't working correctly.
    That's up for debate, I suppose — I don't think anything forbids a 202 Accepted response — but it's certainly unusual, and it's not something Zotero supports. I don't believe we've seen this with any other WebDAV server, and given that a 202 provides no guarantee that the upload will ultimately be successful, supporting it would require significant extra logic for safe uploads, so I don't see us supporting this.

Despite what they say, it also seems likely that something changed on their end, since Zotero's WebDAV functionality hasn't changed in years and the only other report of this in the forums was the other day, also on Yandex.
  • edited February 16, 2017
    For those of you, who have the same problem and monitor this thread:
    The situation is developing, Yandex support have looked at their servers configuration (last night the 500 response appeared), and as I've found out this morning, the synchronization works again, although it is not stable, 503 error pops up from time to time (I've cleared the cloud storage during testing so Zotero has to upload the whole library again). The Yandex support has not written to me anything yet, I'll repost their reply here once I receive it.
    Additionally I've set up the BOX cloud service, which provides the same 10 Gb of space free of charge (Yandex provides the same amount of space on regular basis), good alternative this is.
  • I have been experiencing the same issue with my laptop having Windows 10 for a few days. However, Yandex WebDAV via Zotero worked perfectly well on my desktop computer with Windows 7 at that time.
    My main guess was it is due to Windows 10 OS. Interestingly, WebDAV on the laptop started to work recently. I did nothing except rebooting the laptop.