Citation Extension is not installing on my Mac / Word

I use OS X Yosemite Apple Mac and have Microsoft Word for Mac 2011, Version 14.7.1 (161129) installed.
I did the normal weekly updates.
Then noticed my Zotero Citation in word was missing.

I went to the Zotero stand alone preference and reinstalled the Microsoft Word Add-in.

The installation was successful.

However, the Extension is still NOT showing when I have my document open.

PLEASE PLEASE help!
  • I had the same problem. I dont success to have the extension in my word
    So please help us !
  • @paulhussey : Start there https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_toolbar_doesn_t_appear

@mariem.ayadi : if you're sure that's the same issue, i.e. you're on a Mac with Microsoft Word 2011 same answer, otherwise start a new discussion (with the big red button at the top left corner of this page).
  • I'm still trying to resolve this (1 day now), and I'm sure it is something very simple. I just tested on my Macbook pro, where the extension was still showing. I clicked on the red cross, deliberately closing the extension, thinking I would be able to work out how to open it back up again, but now I have lost it on both my computers :-(

I'm now thinking that there must be somewhere in Zotero stand-alone or in word where you can simply turn the extension back on.

On both machines it shows I have successfully added the extension, so it must be somewhere?

Please help.
  • Thank you Gracile - I finally fixed it.

For anyone else having the same problem, the solution to my problem was:

- After reinstalling Microsoft Word Add-in, via Zotero Preference, go to:

- Close word and reopen it with your document

- Go to View ---> Toolbars ---> There should be a 'check / tick' next to the Zotero Bio management.

- Click this and then the extension appears while in your word document.

Very happy now.

THANK YOU !!!