TRID translator does not grab abstract

Zotero for Firefox (4.0.29.x) does not grab abstract from TRID. Example:
https://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=1437377

There are also minor issues with how it saves the date and conference name.
  • remember to check the translator being used -- this just uses embedded metadata, so NASEM or TRB would be better places to report this (for the abstract, in particular, they have a needlessly empty descriptor meta tag)
  • Ok, thanks!
    I understand you want me to write to someone at NASEM or TRB. I'll do that. What (type of) department or person should I write to? Also, what is the best way to describe such issues - should I tell them to fix the metadata tags and fields?
  • I don't know the organizations -- you'd want to get to someone who either is in charge of or oversees the TRID database&site.

And yes, tell them to improve or more completely populate the metatags -- in particular, the empty "description" metatag.
  • Ok, will do. Thanks.
  • edited January 28, 2017
    BTW, how do you look at the metatags and related information for a webpage - do you look at the page sourcecode?

Edited: Ok, I can see the metatags by looking at the page source (CTRL+U in Firefox) and noticed the empty description tag like you said. Should there be a metatag explicitly for "abstract" or that always goes in to the description tag?
  • The description metatag should work. Alternatively, the Highwire metatag is called "citation_abstract".