Report ID:1630144295

I noticed that much of the time Zotero is not recording the dates of the webpages that I'm saving to it. I usually sort on date to locate articles I'm keeping, but have to resort to using the keyword search to find my articles. Is there a bug? Can you squash it and fix this please?!?!
  • What date are you referring to? The Date field won't be filled in for regular webpages, since there's no way for Zotero to get that date automatically. (There's an HTTP Last-Modified header, but I don't think it's reliable enough to use.) When you save from a site for which there's a Zotero translator, you'll generally get a Date value.

All items have Date Added and Modified, though, and webpage items should all have Accessed (which will be the same as Date Added).
  • I am referring to the main screen on Zotero Standalone. I see there .. "Title | Date | Creator" columns; the date column should show me the date Zotero created the item, unless I'm mistaken. I have the Zotero plug-in for Firefox and use Z-standalone to review the items I've collected. Some rows have the date column populated and some do not. I was hoping it was a just bug or even a setting of the plug-in causing this. I don't know anything about the translator. I prefer to locate by date rather than keyword. Zotero doesn't offer to input keywords at the time of saving.... and I usually have difficulty remembering the exact title of the page. Of course I can always open it immediately afterwards and edit with my own keywords.
  • the date column should show me the date Zotero created the item, unless I'm mistaken
    Yes, you're mistaken. That's the publication date. If you want Date Added or Date Modified, you can add those via the column picker (shown here).
  • THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I haven't been this glad to be mistaken before...
    : )
  • Now if I could just get Zotero on my iPhone... maybe one day.
  • I found an app named ZotPad that works to access Zotero server. Maybe this is what I've been looking for. My guess is that it can't save anything new from iPad, only reviews what I have already saved via my PC.
  • I'd recommend using Papership over ZotPad:
    http://www.papershipapp.com/

And you can save items both from PaperShip on select sites and using the Zotero bookmarklet
    https://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet