[beta 5.0] I do not see documents in group library

About two weeks ago I installed Zotero 5.0 beta on my new windows tablet (OS Windows 10 Pro). I still do not see documents from one my group collection (https://www.zotero.org/groups/vtei). I see only three names of subcollections (from 207 subcollections) and no document. I have tried to reset full sync, but nothing change, I still see only three subcollections and no documents. Other groups are OK, only this one group is problematic.
  • edited January 24, 2017
    Can you confirm that you have let a sync finish completely? With 207 sub collections, it might take some time to finish syncing.
  • edited January 23, 2017
    It is two weeks ago from installation. I have started synchronisation manually more times. The Zotero has opened over few nights (again more times). I think there was a lot of time for full synchronisation. This is the matter why I wrote my post.
  • Check your sync settings in the Zotero Options menu. Is the group selected under the Choose Libraries... menu? Also, try right-clicking on the group's name in the left pane of the Zotero window and click Sync.

Do you see the expected items if you just view the main library (by clicking on the group name, rather than a collection)? If so, can you check that the collections just aren't collapsed (click on the little arrow to the left of the collection)?
  • And beyond that, we'd want to see a Report ID to start.
  • I have tried manual sync just now. The synchronisation was finished in 10 minutes. Nothing changed, I still see only three empty subcollections. After that, I have created Report (ID 703022894).
  • Can you answer bwiernik's question, though? If you click on the group name, is it correct that you see no items, and it says "No items in this view" in the right-hand pane? Because in the server logs I see many item downloads for that group from your account.

If that's the case, update to the latest build (119), temporarily disable auto-sync, Reset Data Sync History in the Sync -> Reset pane of the prefs, and then generate a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for right-clicking on the group in question and choosing Sync.
  • Yes, I see "No items in this view". Debug ID is D1763472974 respectively D1875492066 (after restart Zotero).
  • Unless the reset isn't working (which is possible), that doesn't appear to be for a sync after doing a Reset Data Sync History. Can you try again, and this time start the debug output before doing the reset?
  • OK, the new sync were finished with error (Report ID 1537079743). Debug ID is D1013811525
  • OK, we're getting closer. Unfortunately the stuff we need didn't end up being included due to the very large amount of output. Can you try the same thing again, but this time, once it starts syncing, hover your mouse over the sync icon, and see what it says in the tooltip. It should sync collections and searches before moving on to items. Once it gets to items, which should be pretty quick, you can submit the output (and restart Zotero if you want to stop the sync). No need for a separate error report.

(If this doesn't work, there's a small config change you can make to have it submit more output at once.)
  • OK, new Debug ID D502324972
  • All right, I think this should be fixed, so try again now. I believe a regular sync (without a reset) will do.
  • Unfortunately, nothing changed :(
    I have sent new Debug ID D1751930344
  • I'll need the same thing as the previous one, then: a Debug ID for just the beginning of a sync for just that library after resetting data sync history.
  • It works after resetting data sync history, thanks. Debug ID D413074520