Footnotes and android tablet

Hello! I got an android tablet and am trying to figure out if I can use it for my dissertation work.
I saw that there are several zotero apps for android, but will any of them let me insert footnotes into documents I'm editing with the microsoft word app on an android device? This would be ideal, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
If that's not possible, will documents edited using the microsoft word app on android maintain zotero footnotes or will the coding get messed up in any way?
  • no, you won't be happy writing with Zotero on an Android tablet, sorry, so a definite no to the first question.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd somewhat expect Word for Android to kill Word fields and thus remove the Zotero connection of documents -- but you can try that out.

If you're really set on doing this on an Android device, I'd honestly invest in Paperpile, which is all set up to work with the google app universe (store on gdrive, CWYW in Gdocs).
  • Thanks for the info. Our laptop and desktop use windows, so I probably won't want to switch to paperpile. I was just hoping to get out of always carrying my absurdly heavy laptop to the library with me. I'll experiment and see if android is at least okay for days that I'm not directly changing my footnotes.