[5.0 Beta] Clicking item in Related tab doesn't jump to item

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 5.0 Beta.
  • There is an issue concerning the "related" tab.
    In Zotero 5 Beta, the "related" feature does not work properly. I can add different items to a Zotero entry in the "related" tab on the right. But it no longer works to jump to a related when clicking on it. This is a nice feature I use quite often.
  • I've seen this, but I can't reproduce it at the moment. If you're able to do so, can you provide exact steps to reproduce, starting from a Zotero restart with My Library selected?
  • Start Zotero > click on an item (which contains related items) > go to related tab > click on a related item > result: nothing happens.
    Does this help?
  • It seems to work in the latest Beta Version (5.0-beta.116+c9694e9). Thanks for fixing it.
  • We didn't fix it. This doesn't happen reliably, which is why I said I couldn't reproduce it. So if you can figure out a reliable way to get it to happen or not happen (e.g., based on what's selected or what you click on when Zotero first opens), let us know. But this might be something internal that you wouldn't be able to identify, such a slight difference in timing between when two parts of the program load, so don't worry if you can't. Anyhow, we'll keep investigating.