Feature Request: Bulk Copy *out*

My apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, I couldn't find a specific "Feature Request" area.

One common action I often need is to copy files *out* of Zotero (to send to colleagues for example). Due to corporate rules, I'm not allowed to utilize sync'ing and thus sharing. But when I highlight several files and drag 'n' drop out of Zotero to the file manager (windows), only the first file gets copied.

Any chance of providing some sort of bulk copy-out mechanism?

BTW, this is with the FF addon (4.0.29.16)...I've not tried it on the stand-alone version yet (though last time I installed the standalone version, corporate barked about installing additional SW...hence the addon use.

Thanks!
  • It´s not designed for this, but the ZotFile add-ons "Send to Tablet" feature is quite effective for that purpose. You highlight the items in questions, do "send to tablet" and they'll be moved to your specified folder, from where you can add them to an e-mail or whatever else you have in mind.

Note also that several export formats from Zotero include all files in a folder when you select "include files" -- so for people using Zotero or other reference managers, that'd work great.
  • edited January 19, 2017
    Multi-file drag out of Zotero will work on Windows in the upcoming Zotero 5.0 (though you'll need to install the standalone app to use 5.0). (It has always worked on macOS.)