Zotero for libre office - mac sierra - need urgent help

Hello,

I'm not used to write a message with "urgent" but I have to write my master thesis and I tried to solve my problem since hours and I didn't find the soultion.

I have Mac OS Sierra on my mac book pro and the pluggin for zotero in libreoffice doesn't work anymore. When I click on "insert citation", nothing happen...
-I installed the latest version of libre office
- zotero is upgraded on my coputer
- I installed Java JRE and JDK
- I check the good utilisation of java in libre office in the settings

And it still doesnt work...

- I tried to re-install the plugin in libre office from the following link: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation
However, I have an error message:

« Zotero Word for mac integration
Installation could not be completed because an error occurred.

[Exception... "Word does not appear to be installed on this computer. Please install Microsoft Word, then try again. @[install:install.m:183]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Users/adelinelacroix/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/jg7gbsb3.default-1430063602584/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js :: checkStatus :: line 211" data: no] »

I don’t understand as I tried to install the plugin for libreoffice and not word (indeed, I don’t have word ...)

What could I do to make the pluggin work in libre office???

Thanks a lot for your answer

Adeline

ps: I hope this message is understandable. I'm really sorry for my english (I'm French)
  • edited January 18, 2017
    You installed the Mac Word integration plugin. If you don't have Word, you should uninstall that from the Firefox Add-ons pane and make sure you have the LibreOffice plugin installed. Then do the reinstall for that from the Cite pane of the preferences.

I'd also recommend uninstalling the Java JRE and making sure you only have the latest version of the JDK, and making sure it shows as selected in the LibreOffice preferences.
  • You should also make sure you have the latest version of LibreOffice. I tested the plugin successfully a couple days ago with LibreOffice 5.2.4.2 / JDK 1.8.0_112 / LO Integration Plugin 3.5.12 / Zotero 4.0.29.16 / macOS 10.12.2.
  • Dear dstillman,

I don't know how to thank you: it works and you kind of save my life!!
    Actually, I'm a bit ashamed: I thought I installed the latest version of libreoffice (I just did it today) but actually, it was not the latest one...
    Morevover, there was the problem with the word plugin, and I removed it.

Thanks a lot for all your advisory and have a nice day!