Zotero for OpenOffice

Hello everybody,

i used the zotero plugin for open office. Now i have a new Laptop and i can't find the old version that Works with Open Office. I started my MasterThesis with that and have about 100 pages at the moment.

Does anybody have the old install file for me? it is very urgent. because all my citations do not work any more now :( and it will be a lot of work to convert all into a new format.

Thank you very much!
  • Are you saying the LibreOffice plugin doesn't work? What happens?

I'm not sure there've actually been any changes to affect OpenOffice compatibility. We just stopped mentioning OpenOffice because it's (essentially) dead.
  • i need the old openoffice extension. libreoffice extension doesnt work under openoffice ;)

but i cant find an old download version of the open office plugin (oxt-file) :(
  • edited January 18, 2017
    In what way doesn't it work? Again, as far as I know we haven't changed the plugin — we just updated the wiki recently to remove the OpenOffice/NeoOffice references, some of which are still in the software itself.
  • Like, literally — if you go to install the plugin in the Zotero preferences, it'll say you're installing the "LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice Add-in".
  • i cant install the plugin in open office ...

becaue the new one is libre office.

and i am looking for the old .oxt file. maybe anybody can send it to me :)
    the extension manager in openOffice can not find the libreoffice plugin :/

after installation
  • How are you trying to install it — literally, what are you clicking on your screen — and what is happening?
    Please read this before posting further:

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce

We can't help you unless you take the time to explain exactly what you're trying to do. Just saying something "doesn't work" over and over again is not helpful.
  • if you write " openoffice" won't be supported any more than this is my problem.

how to solve the problem? : please give me an advice where i can find the old file to install the extension :) then i can install it and everything is fine :)

thank you :)
  • Sorry, I can't help you further unless you provide the information I'm asking for. So far you haven't actually told us what the problem is, so there's no way to help you.

If English isn't your native language, you can post in your own language, but we're not getting anywhere this way.
  • i installed zotero standalone - worked fine.

then i downloaded: https://download.zotero.org/integration/Zotero-LibreOffice-Plugin-3.5.12.xpi

then i started open office 4

extension manger can't use/open/install this file.

i found on your page:

"Apache OpenOffice 4: No toolbar

Zotero Standalone 4.0.11 and earlier and Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.7 and earlier do not currently support Apache OpenOffice 4. If you are using Zotero for Firefox, ensure that Tools→Add-ons→Extensions shows Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.8 or later. If it doesn't, download the latest version of Zotero LibreOffice Integration. If you are using Zotero Standalone, a future version will support Apache OpenOffice 4, but for now we encourage you to switch to LibreOffice, which has a larger developer community."

==> "a future version will support Apache OpenOffice 4, but for now we encourage you to switch to LibreOffice"<==

so last try: does anybody have an old .oxt file that works under open office that i can use?

thank you very much!
  • Right, so that's why I kept asking you what you were doing. The file you're downloading isn't something you install into LibreOffice/OpenOffice. An XPI is a Firefox extension that works with Zotero for Firefox. If you're using Zotero Standalone, you don't need that, as it says at the top of that page.

If you don't see the plugin in OpenOffice, go to the Cite pane of the Zotero Standalone preferences and reinstall it.

The thing you're quoting is years old. While we still recommend people switch to LibreOffice, as far as I know the current plugin works fine with all versions of Apache OpenOffice.
  • ok ok - good but why is this .xpi file in the download section of libre office?

sorry but I cant use libre office for now. i need the same openoffice configuration like before. i do not want to update 1000 citations manually. never change a running system ;)

so the standalone provides the toolbar and support for my open office? i only have to reinstall it? :)

thank you. i will try .
  • The title of that page is "Installing Word Processor Plugins for Zotero for Firefox". The XPI adds word processor integration to Zotero for Firefox. You're using Zotero Standalone, so it doesn't apply to you. As it says at the top of the page:
    Zotero Standalone Users: Word processor plugins are included with Zotero Standalone, and can be installed from the Zotero preferences. Plugins on this page are for Zotero for Firefox only.
  • Yes, I read and tried it. But after that did not go, and I've read that there is no openOffice 4 support, I was skeptical.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I try it in the evening when I'm at home. If it does not work, I report again here in the forum.
  • Hi,
    I have been solving the same issue for my legacy OpenOffice 3.2. I found the old OXT files on GitHub - You can browse there versions since the year 2012. See e.g. https://github.com/zotero/zotero-libreoffice-integration/blob/7f6b67b0f8c36f6095ab54b266f0a8038fa60522/install/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt

For dstillman: The problem is, that the Zotero's currently distributed OXT file is supported only by Open Office 4.1 and newer. Exactly, my Open Office says to me when I'm trying to add the currently distributed OXT file: „Rozšíření nelze naistalovat, protože nejsou splněny následující závislosti:
    Rozšíření vyžadují OpenOffice.org. alespoň verze 4.1“
  • This is a years-old thread, so just to clarify, we don't support OpenOffice and haven't in years. We recommend using a current version of Zotero and its bundled LibreOffice plugin along with a current version of LibreOffice.