sync: data won't sync

I'm having some data sync trouble.
I've hit my quota thanks to new enthusiasm from a group library. I expect files to stop syncing, but data does not appear to sync (i.e., the metadata of new items does not sync).

The best I could find in the forums is this thread:
Storage limit data vs. files
https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/24922/storage-limit-data-vs-files

Am I right in assuming that new items and notes should still sync, even though attached files should stop?
  • That was helpful for troubleshooting, thank you. Some data was indeed hidden in a group library. My problem locating new data is resolved.

It's odd, however: on one machine, using the search bar, when in my library, would only give results in my personal library; and when in my library on another machine, the search bar would yield results in the group libraries.
  • I think there was one intermittent version of Zotero where search (accidentally) included all libraries.
  • The machines I'm currently checking are both running 4.0.29.10 but are showing different search behavior.
    Is that something worth reporting?
  • you sure you have the search bar set to the same setting (there are three different options)
  • Yes, the search bars are set to the same thing. (I assume you mean "title creator and year," "all fields and tags," and "everything").

When the search bar is set to "all fields and tags:"
    On one machine, all group libraries are searched; on the other machine, only the current folder is searched.
  • @Dan%20Stillman -- you may want to follow up on this unless you're aware of the underlying issue?
  • edited January 9, 2017
    We can investigate if it's still an issue in 5.0, which will be released soon, but I suspect it's fixed there. There won't be further 4.0 versions, so no use debugging that. I believe the issue where the search sometimes showed items in different libraries still exists in the last 4.0 version, though I don't think I was able to reproduce it (so, whatever the cause, not surprising that it's only showing on one computer).