'Extra' field exported as 'note' in bib format API call

I'm using the zotero-better-bibtex plugin to export my references to a bibtex .bib file for use with LaTex. This seems to work really nicely.

I would like to use bibbase.org to access a collection using the zotero API interface. The bib file this produces (which is then parsed and rendered by bibbase.org) has as a note field which contains the contents of the Extra field which of course shouldn't be part of the reference.

So can I either
1) Tell zotero to use the zotero-better-bibtex to serve API request (preferred) or
2) Avoid sending anything from the Extra field using the current bib exporter

• Why not remove the content of the extra field within zotero?

It is meant to be used to store the same kind of "extra" information that BibTeX notes are used for [and you'll see CSL maps that field this way as well, so you can have issues with some styles if you don't like what's in that field].
  • The contents was put there by zotero-better-bibtex when I imported our group-wide bib file. I was under the impression that it is required in order for the bibtex key to be fixed across exports (I think it is termed pinned). Since I would prefer not to break existing citations which are copy-pasted into a new document which will now use the exported from zotero bib file I think I need to leave contents of the Extra field alone.
  • then sorry, the answer is no, Zotero can't handle custom translators server side.