Duplicated items in recycling bin. Can I safely empty it?

edited January 6, 2017
I see articles in the recycling bin that also show in folders of my library. I can not remove them from then bin individually, there's no such option. These articles are greyed out, I believe because they were not entirely deleted, only an element that belonged to them was (like a note, or a second attached PDF)

The only thing I can do is to empty the bin.

What happens if I empty the bin? Will those elements also be deleted?
  • those are duplicates, not the same item (items in the trash are removed from all collections and My Library). You can safely delete them.
  • These items are not removed from My Library. If I press 'Alt', the folder they are stored in is highlighted.
  • oh, sorry, I missed the part about the items being greyed out -- Zotero always shows the context of attachments you delete, including in the trash. If the item is greyed out, it's not actually in the trash, so emptying the trash won't delete it (just the attached item that's shown in full contrast).

But FWIW, for me, Zotero does highlight the collection of items in the trash, even if they're definitely not in that collection anymore @Dan%Stillman that seems harmless but a bug to me?
  • Thanks Adam!