Group member invitations not working

Zotero 5 beta (latest), under Firefox v. 50.1.0 Win 10.

Anyone else having issues with group member invites?

Thank you,
  • Could you say what specifically isn't working? THis is a bit confusing because group member invites run through the website, so they wouldn't interact with the beta version.
  • Adam:

Happy New Year! None of my invitees are getting email invites. I tried inviting myself at another email and did not receive an invite. I assume it is a server CRON job run daily, yet none of my students have received invites after several days. Thanks for responding.

Jack
  • If they log into the Zotero website, do they see the invitation in their Zotero.org message inbox?
  • edited January 2, 2017
    @bwiernik That assumes that the recipients already have Zotero accounts. @drjack Do your student invitees already have Zotero accounts?

It has been several months but when I thought that the problem was that invitations were not sent it turned out that the messages went directly to the recipients' (network) spam folders. These were all at the same university that used Barracuda filters. That may not be the issue here but you should have your invitees check. In my case, the invitation emails were halted at the university mailserver before reaching the client computers.

• I have some students who have already created Zotero accounts but most have not. I ask all students in the email message invitation to check their Junk and Spam folders (none are using a central university server) and still they are not receiving the invites (including those with accounts, who are not receiving the email the invitation in their Zotero.org message inbox either). This seems like a serious issue begging for an admin option to add users to groups.

Thank you!

Jack
  • It now appears as though something has changed today, namely students with a Zotero name can be invited to join a group and this invitation appears immediately in their Zotero.org Inbox but still does not work for their external email addresses. Until this is fixed, I will ask students to register, send me their Zotero names and I will invite them and ask them to check their Zotero inbox (painful workaround). Thank you!

Jack
  • edited January 3, 2017
    Outgoing group invitation emails are temporarily disabled due to a spam-related incident over the weekend. We'll post here once it's resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Any estimate for when this matter will be resolved?
  • (note that this affects just e-mails. As a workaround, you can ask people to create a Zotero account, invite them with their username, and they can join the group).
  • Any idea when this will be reinstated? Thanks.
  • The email notifications have been back on for a few days now. If anyone continues to have issues with group invitation emails being sent, please let us know.
  • I tried sending out emails on Jan 13th and none of them went through.
  • I also tried sending out emails. Nobody received them. Any update?
  • Same for me, invitations not received, what should I do?
This discussion has been closed.