Storage inconsistencies / Storage limit

Hello all,

Here is a question on behalf of a colleague whose account has reached the 300 Mb storage limit, but wrongfully I guess.

Current usage shows 18.9 Mb for her library and 281 Mb for her group library (total 299.8 Mb). However, her group library only contains elements from her personal library and thus shouldn't exceed 18.9 Mb. Such figures seem inconsistent.
At some point, we stopped syncing files, deleted and recreated her group library, but no improvement on storage size so far. She can't sync further files.

As a result, how could we check and compare the real size of her library and group library, client side and server side?
Morevover, is there a way to reset storage? Goal is to keep her account storage size well under the 300 Mb limit, as it should be.

Thank you in advance for your advice/ideas,
Best regards,
  • and there is only one group library?
    What's the size of the storage folder in the Zotero data directory:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data

Also, if there is an actual error on Zotero's side, it would help to have her post, so devs can look at her account.
  • Yes, there's only 1 group library.
    Also, Zotero\Storage size is 729 Mb (806 Mb on hard drive).

Does that sound right?
    I'll have my colleague post on her own if necessary.

Thank you for your help,
  • The storage folder corresponds roughly to the files Zotero would try to sync* , so 730MB would be more than 2*300MB and you'd expect storage to be full.
    Have you tried emptying the Zotero trash for both the group and My Library?

* (the files correspond exactly, but Zotero zips them on the server, so the size there can vary a bit and is usually a little lower)